Okay, I seem to have a bunch of resource-related window open, so why not group them together?
- Blogging 101: A little help? John Hassell is talking to newspaper feature writers about blogging and has outlined his talking points. He asks what he missed, but I can’t see anything missing from this top-notch explanation of what blogging is and how to do it well.
- Be careful with cell numbers. Mark Hancock has advice for shooters: if you don’t want clients calling while you’re in the middle of a forest fire, be careful who you give your number to.
- DIY. Two do-it-yourself projects for the not-faint-of-heart: a quality condenser microphone for about $20 and how to Turn your point and shoot into a time lapse camera, provided you have a remote controller for it. Source for both projects was Make.
- How to create basic mashups with Yahoo! Pipes. Yet another thing I need to get my head around. Paul Bradshaw’s post helps.
- Ben Long releases Photoshop Action Pack v3.7. A free collection of 90 Photoshop CS3 automations build with Mac’s Automator. Some look quite useful for journalism on the fly.
- 7 great resources for green (and seasoned) new media journalists. A lot of familiar old “friends” all gathered in one place.
Currently playing in iTunes: El Brillante by Eliseo Parra