A little light blogging and then off to deal with stuff that can no longer be ignored. There’s more in the reader, but it will have to wait.
- pixel #0 world edition : portugaldiário makeover. I pointed to Alexandre Gamela’s Portuguese-language vidcast on Portugal Díaro yesterday. Here’s the English language version.
- What is “the news”? Good question. There is so much to think about in this short post from Mathew Ingram.
- London Paper lost £17m in 10 months. Freesheets are all the rage but where’s the money?
- Earning reports. Time for more financial news from NYT Co. (down) and Media General (way down). Meanwhile, three big Canadian publishers have changed circulation auditors for consistency, they say. Other suggest it’s because the new guys have looser definitions about circ.
- Blingapore 1×1… Sion Touhig snaps a pic a second on a walk through Singapore, ties them all together in Final Cut and adds music to produce a wildly creative bit of fun.
- Social bookmarking the Birmingham Post way. Adding del.icio.us social bookmarks to take readers to suggested links. Smart. Very smart, and very useful.
- Story idea: Profs call for free, affordable textbooks. Trying to deal with the high cost of textbooks, a campaign I can get behind.
- Our 15 Minutes. Paul Gillin’s predictions about which newspapers will die slow lingering deaths were taken to the execs from those newspapers for reaction. Not surprisingly, they don’t believe much that Paul writes, but he has the last word in the comments. Read and decide.