Back in front of the computer after a long day at college:
- Ed Kashi and Julie Winokur Presentation on January 30. If I was in New York I would be so there to hear them talk about multimedia storytelling.
- An Introductory Guide to Global Citizen Media. Global Voices produces “the first in a series of outreach guides meant to explain the fundamentals of citizen media to a non-technical readership.” This PDF really is well done and worth downloading. Via David Weinberger.
- High school sports, up close and personal. John Hassell’s right that these two videos are a little long but how cool is the idea of putting helmet cams on a couple of hockey-playing high school athletes?
- Quote of the Day. Susan Mernit continously digs out gems and today’s — about the passionate worker — particularly sparkles. It comes from this Seth Godin post.
- Teenagers say reading online news is a stressful experience. I want to dig deeper into this survey, but it’s interesting that teens “are unlikely to follow serious news online, but that they will click on news stories that appeal to them when they find them on other sites.”
- Becoming one with the pod. A quick lesson in the value of the tripod for video shooters in which a newspaper shooter channels Lenslinger. Progress is being made in the Great Video Wars.