Internet reading for the start of the week:
- Fox Television to Syndicate to Blogs. Part of the plan, apparently, is to share revenue with the bloggers. Warning: Reading article requires registration. Via I Want Media.
- NYT digital revenues rise despite heavy overall losses. In the final quarter, revenue from digital was up 35% from a year earlier, but net loss is $648 million.
- Web edit tools, phone cams blowing the doors off video. Ubiquity, meet ease of use. The evolution continues.
- Further notes on the new journalism skillset. Ryan Shoalin lays out his idea of what just-starting-out journalists should know. If this gives the journalists-in-training pause, think of the shivers wee educators get as we try to figure out how to train them.
- Publications director details Washington Daily’s videocast. Kristin Millis of University of Washington guest posts at Bryan Murley’s Innovations in College Media and explains how UW’s The Daily launched its daily vidcast. A case study in how new media gets added to the mix.